Saturday, June 12, 2004

 

Disrobing

Whew!! Getting rid of 4 closets and two dressers full of clothes turned out to be a bigger chore than I thought!! After two days....and a dozen lawn-sized garbage bags...we've done it! We now own 45 pounds of clothing for each of us, not counting coats and work boots, which will be put into Space Bags and stored in the "toad".

It is very liberating to realize we've taken this big step toward getting free of our belongings. Realizing I'd become a person who felt attached to a closet full of dress clothes was disturbing and I feel much better having them out of my life! If I'm going to be attached to anything, I sure as hell hope it ain't silk shirts and high heels! That is not the life I envisioned for myself when I was growing up! I WILL be an intrepid adventurer...damn it!!

At the rate we are moving along, we will be living out of the motorhome while parked at the side of the house long before the July 17th auction! Mark and I are both so excited, we just want to get it all done and be on our way! Even with the stress of all the things we have to get done with the upcoming move into the motorhome, Mark and I are feeling a bit like conspirators with a big secret! We are both excited at this new phase in our lives...our first big move together as a couple. And it's shaping up to be an excellent adventure!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google