Monday, September 25, 2006

 

Time to Leave the Black Hills

It's about time for us to pack up the grill, the cooler, and the lawn chairs and move on down the road. In my opinion, the Black Hills area of South Dakota is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. But winter is coming, and this is not a place we want to be when it starts to get really cold.

We are already making plans to come back here for next summer. There is just so much to do and see here. Mark has been sick much of the time we've been here this year. I think he'll enjoy coming back here when he may feel more like getting out and going places.

Now that we have declared South Dakota as our legal residence, we'll have to come back here at least once every five years to take care of business. Hopefully, next year we'll be making the trip back to take our motorcycle license exams. We've been wanting to buy a couple of small scooters (250cc), and it looks like next year might be THE YEAR. At least we hope so!

Our next stop is Carlsbad, New Mexico. I know...been there, done that. But this year we have to stay settled (somewhat) while we complete some medical business. And we both liked Carlsbad quite a bit. So, if we have to be in one place for months, at least we can pick somewhere we know we like and where Mark can tolerate the climate. I'm already looking forward to seeing some of the people I made friends with while we were there last winter. I am even hoping to go back to work at the same job, while we are there this winter.

We'll be hitting the road the day after tomorrow. So this last group of updates will have to suffice until we get settled in our new home, which shouldn't take more than a week or two.

I want to leave y'all with some final pictures of the black hills of South Dakota. If you ever want to visit a place with lots of natural beauty and plenty of things to do, I highly recommend Rapid City, South Dakota.

And a final thank you to Sonya and Terry, who once again provided these lovely pictures.












Comments:
OK, I do not have a quick cash money offer, but I do offer a big smile and genuine interest in both of you!

I hope and pray all is well and that your move goes well too.

I was thinking of you guys this morning and wanted to say Hello, and see where and what you were up to! LOL.

Be safe, drop us a line when you can, and we look forward to hearing from you, perhaps if you make it back here, we can visit and BBQ.

God Bless,
Robert
 
qJtpAR actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.
 
Wonderful blog.
 
Hello all!
 
Thanks to author.
 
Thanks to author.
 
actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.
 
Wonderful blog.
 
Thanks to author.
 
Please write anything else!
 
bCaWsU write more, thanks.
 
Hello all!
 
Thanks to author.
 
Hello all!
 
Good job!
 
Good job!
 
actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.
 
Please write anything else!
 
Thanks to author.
 
Magnific!
 
Thanks to author.
 
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
 
Energizer Bunny Arrested! Charged with battery.
 
Save the whales, collect the whole set
 
Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.
 
Save the whales, collect the whole set
 
Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!
 
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
 
What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?
 
Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.
 
A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience.
 
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
 
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
 
A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience.
 
What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?
 
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies
 
Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.
 
When there's a will, I want to be in it.
 
Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I.
 
Build a watch in 179 easy steps - by C. Forsberg.
 
What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?
 
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
 
Thanks to author.
 
Build a watch in 179 easy steps - by C. Forsberg.
 
Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.
 
What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?
 
Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.
 
Calvin, we will not have an anatomically correct snowman!
 
C++ should have been called B
 
Beam me aboard, Scotty..... Sure. Will a 2x10 do?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google